Jobseeker Contest: Tell Your Story & Win A Free Copy Of My E-Book!
What is YOUR job hunting story?
To celebrate my reaching 4,500 followers on Twitter, I’ve decided to have a contest for everyone in our little job seeker community :^)
I’m going to GIVE AWAY a free copy of my Unspoken Rules of Getting Hired eBook package (worth about $170) – to the person who posts the MOST interesting story about his or her job hunting struggles… in the comments below.
As “Brain Food” I’ll list some questions you might want to answer in your “entry” below…
- How did you get to this point, tell me your story?
- What’s your biggest challenge or frustration right now? (ie resume, cover letter, going on job boards, interviewing, etc.)
- What have you tried so far, but it didn’t work?
- What have you tried so far, and it did work?
- Why should you be chosen?
Now, this fun little contest is going to draw quite a few entries. No question. In order to keep things INTERESTING, I’m going to set a few quick rules…
1) You must write something INTERESTING. No one-liners that say “the economy sucks” or “there are no jobs out there.” I’m not even going to APPROVE comment entries that aren’t thoughtful, interesting, and REAL.
[***Bonus Points: Upload a video to YouTube of 5 minutes or less where you describe how you’ve struggled in your job search and give specific examples. Be sure to tag your video with “imm contest” in quotation marks. Click here to see what it should look like when you are uploading your video. Then leave a comment on this post with a link to your video and a brief description of what hasn’t been working for you (no need for more than 1-2 short paragraphs)***]
2) Do all of this no later than 10pm EST next Saturday, February 27th (in other words, start writing NOW).
3) I and a few secret judges will select our top favorites, and then you all will vote for the winner. I’ll also Tweet the name of the winner on Twitter, of course!
So get to it, and post a comment below telling your story about how you’ve struggled on your job search. You just might win $170 bucks worth of my best interview training!
[Follow me free on Twitter here: Twitter.com/Landon_Long]